Bill Howell wins Bethel Fair chili cook-off
Bill Howell took the Best Overall prize in the Bethel Fair Chili Cook-Off on May 25. Vying for bragging rights in five categories were 25 contestants at the YP Cultural Center. There were over 100 hungry and adventurous Bethelites who paid to taste and vote for different chilis at this Bethel Fair fundraiser.
• Wickedly Wild winner: Eric Hoffman.
• Vegetarian Virtuoso winner: Tiffany Tony.
• Holy Cow HOT winner: Dennis Shion.
• White, no tomatoes please winner: Bill Howell.
• Ravishingly Regular winner: Eileen Henrickson.
• Best Overall winner: Bill Howell for his White, no tomatoes please chili.
The Bethel Fair committee thanked all of the chili making contestants, dessert makers, and especially the talented musicians who provided such great entertainment with their guitar jam, Kevin Morgan and Jovi Sol.
The fundraiser collected a little over $600 which will go towards ribbons for the Bethel Fair on Aug. 23, 24 and 25 as well as prizes and awards for winners of the contests. The fair will award ribbons and prizes for entries in plant, strip, jam, jelly, art, craft, youth contest, and more categories.
For information or to volunteer, contact Ronda Sargent 543-7711 or Reyne Athanas 543-4538. The next Bethel Fair meeting is at noon June 12 at YPCC.